Virginia Bug Sweeps
CALL TODAY FOR AN Virginia BUG SWEEP SERVICE IN YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
THE CONSULTATION IS FREE
Hidden Cameras, Audio Bugs and GPS Devices: How to know what’s Legal in Virginia
Virginia law, VA. Code § 19.2-62 requires the consent of at least one party to legally record an in-person or telephone conversation. It is a misdemeanor to photograph or record a fully or partially nude person, or secretly photograph or record a person under or through his or her clothing, in a place where the person has a reasonable expectation of privacy. Va. Code Ann. § 18.2-386.1.
Why you May Need the Virginia Bug Sweep Service?
If you live in the state of Virginia and are suspicious of hidden cameras. Especially for hidden cameras that also record or transmit audio. Also, if the hidden camera is placed in a location where the individual has a reasonable expectation of privacy such as a bedroom or a bathroom or record conversations that the installer of the device or not party to.
As regards the use of GPS trackers, trespassing to place a GPS device on a vehicle or placing a GPS device on a vehicle when they are not the rightful owner of the vehicle, may constitute a violation of the law. Ham Investigations offers our customers the following types of Bug Sweeps:
Virginia Residential Bug Sweep Service – We locate all types of hidden cameras, listening devices, electronic transmitters, electronic audio storage, Wi-Fi connected devices within your home. Let us assist you in protecting you and your family’s privacy and give you back your peace of mind.
Virginia Business Bug Sweep Service – Our technicians can identify and locate all types of hidden bugging and monitoring devices whether they are turned on or off. From Executive offices to conference rooms and open bay spaces along with changing rooms and restrooms. Let us help you protect your employees and customers.
Virginia Telephone and Wiretap Bug Sweep Service – The professionals at Ham Investigations are able to identify phone devices that have been compromised and are being monitored surreptitiously. Whether the phones are standard desktop phones, VoIP or PoE, we can discover if these devices are safe to talk around. In addition, our team can also check Fax/Copiers along with all the connected wiring associated with these devices.
Virginia GPS Bug Sweep Service – Whether a GPS tracker has been placed on your personal effects, your vehicle, aircraft or watercraft, our technicians can locate these devices and assist you in discovering who placed them.
Common Reasons Virginia Residents and Businesses are being spied upon
- Being involved in a contentious divorce;
- Being involved in a child custody fight;
- Being involved in a civil lawsuit such as personal injury or workers’ compensation;
- Owning a business and competitors want to learn your trade secrets (and, no, you don’t need to own a million- or billion-dollar business for this to happen to you);
- Owning a business and you have a current or former employee who are being paid to spy on you (corporate espionage) or who want to try to get you into legal trouble;
- Currently or formerly being involved in a relationship with someone who was jealous, possessive, or abusive.
Evidence of Possible Bug Installations in your Home or Office
- Unexpected dust or ceiling debris on the floor, a desk, or the surface of other furniture;
- New decorative items in the room you know you didn’t put in the room, such as a vase or even a new piece of art on the wall;
- Wall plates and outlet covers that were once straight are now crooked;
- You turn out the lights and see a small red light;
- You see new scratches on your wall, ceiling, or furniture
- Someone always shows up where you’re at although you never told them where you were going.
Who needs an Virginia Bug Sweep Service?
You do. If you think that someone is or has been spying on you, don’t tell anyone. Try to stick to your normal routine. Ham Investigations utilizes state of the art equipment to locate all types of bugging devices. If you have located a device you suspect is a bug, DO NOT REMOVE IT! Get to a safe location and call Ham Investigations immediately at
DO NOT CALL FROM THE AREA THAT MAY BE BUGGED!
Our Technicians are trained in the proper ways to document and collect these devices in a forensic manner and assist our clients as they interact with law enforcement. Allow Ham Investigations to help you regain your security and peace of mind so you can have more time to enjoy some of the following things that Virginia has to offer.
Top places everyone should visit in Virginia:
- Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive – In the center of Virginia, Shenandoah National Park protects portions of the Blue Ridge Mountains, which range in height between 2,000 and 4,000 feet. Along their crest and running the length of the park is the Skyline Drive, the northern continuation of the Blue Ridge Parkway, with stopping points to enjoy the views and attractions, including President Hoover’s summer residence and the old Cave Cemetery below Dark Hollow Falls.
- Colonial Williamsburg – Few places can recreate a setting for the period of the American Revolution as well as Williamsburg, where the original 18th-century buildings are either still standing or have been faithfully reproduced on their original foundations. Here, you can stand where Patrick Henry gave his stirring speech, walk the same streets as Thomas Jefferson, and savor a meal where George Washington enjoyed seafood dinners.
- Virginia Beach – Named for the wide expanse of golden sand that stretches from just east of Norfolk, Virginia Beach is a very popular and often crowded resort town with the expected hotels, amusements, and a long boardwalk. If the Atlantic Ocean is not warm enough for the children, take them to the 19-acre Ocean Breeze Water Park, with Caribbean-themed waterslides, a wave pool, and water playground.
- Arlington National Cemetery – Spread across 600 acres overlooking Washington, D.C., Arlington National Cemetery is where some of the most famous people in the United States are buried. The most visited are the grave of President John F. Kennedy and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Mount Vernon – George Washington’s home from 1754 until his death 45 years later, Mount Vernon was a work in progress under Washington’s close supervision, even while he was leading the Continental Army during the Revolution. The architectural design, construction, and even interior décor in each renovation and addition received his personal attention, resulting in the gracious 21-room plantation house you see today.
Mr. Thomas Ham, owner of Spy Catchers LLC and Ham Investigations LLC was in News recently for :
Ham Investigations professional technical surveillance countermeasures company, works with people to help track hidden devices, such as surveillance cameras.
Experts, including Ham, say the camera lenses will reflect a blue or red color when hit with a light.
The typical areas you should search for any hidden cameras include devices like an alarm clock, smoke detector or shower head. To Read More you can visit kdvr.com.
You can also find visit our post regarding How to find hidden cameras and devices with your mobile phone.
Ham Investigations Provides Services like Bug Sweeps for Hidden Cameras nationwide including but not limited to :
- Utah Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Vermont Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Virginia Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Washington Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- West Virginia Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Kansas Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices and nationwide. You can find the bug sweeps service coverage are by visiting our Bug Sweeps Coverage Page.
CALL TODAY FOR AN Virginia BUG SWEEP SERVICE IN YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
THE CONSULTATION IS FREE
We Provide Virginia Bug Sweeps for hidden cameras and hidden devices in the following counties:
Accomack as well as Alleghany
Appomattox also Bath
Botetourt also Buchanan
Campbell also Charles City
Chesterfield also Colonial Heights (City of)
Culpeper also Dickenson
Elizabeth City also Fairfax City
Floyd also Franklin (City of)
Galax (City of) also Goochland
Greensville also Hanover
Henry also Isle of Wight
King George also Lee
Martinsville (City of)
Petersburg (City of)
Radford (City of)
Richmond (City of)
Salem (City of)
Suffolk (City of)
Waynesboro (City of)
Winchester (City of)
Add’l Virginia Bug Sweep Counties:
Albemarle as well as Amelia
Arlington also Bedford
Bristol (City of) also Buckingham
Caroline also Charlotte
Clarke also Covington (City of)
Cumberland also Dinwiddie
Essex also Falls Church (City of)
Fluvanna also Frederick
Giles also Grayson
Halifax also Harrisonburg (City of)
Highland also James City
King William also Lexington (City of)
Manassas (City of)
Norfolk (City of)
Norton (City of)
State Level Sites
Alexandria (City of) also Amherst
Augusta also Bland
Brunswick also Buena Vista (City of)
Carroll also Charlottesville (City of)
Clifton Forge (City of) also Craig
Danville (City of) also Eastern Shore
Fairfax also Fauquier
Franklin also Fredericksburg (City of)
Gloucester also Greene
Hampton (City of) also Henrico
Hopewell (City of) also King and Queen
Lancaster also Loudoun
Lynchburg (City of)
Manassas Park (City of)
Newport News (City of)
Portsmouth (City of)
Roanoke (City of) also Russell
Shenandoah also Spotsylvania
Staunton (City of)
Sussex also Virginia Beach (City of)
Washington also Williamsburg (City of)