South Dakota Bug Sweeps
CALL TODAY FOR AN South Dakota BUG SWEEP SERVICE IN YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
THE CONSULTATION IS FREE
Hidden Cameras, Audio Bugs and GPS Devices: How to know what’s Legal in South Dakota
South Dakota law, S.D. Codified Laws § 23A-35A-20, requires the consent of at least one party to legally record an in-person or telephone conversation. Using a hidden camera in a “private place” without consent is a misdemeanor. S.D. Codified Laws § 22-21-1. A “private place” is a place where one may reasonably expect to be safe from intrusion or surveillance, but not a place to which the public has access. S.D. Codified Laws § 22-1-2. Using a hidden camera in a hidden place is punishable by one-year imprisonment in county jail, a $2,000 fine, or both. S.D. Codified Laws § 22-6-2.
Why you May Need the South Dakota Bug Sweep Service?
If you live in the state of South Dakota and are suspicious of hidden cameras. Especially for hidden cameras that also record or transmit audio. Also, if the hidden camera is placed in a location where the individual has a reasonable expectation of privacy such as a bedroom or a bathroom or record conversations that the installer of the device or not party to.
As regards the use of GPS trackers, trespassing to place a GPS device on a vehicle or placing a GPS device on a vehicle when they are not the rightful owner of the vehicle, may constitute a violation of the law. Ham Investigations offers our customers the following types of Bug Sweeps:
South Dakota Residential Bug Sweep Service – We locate all types of hidden cameras, listening devices, electronic transmitters, electronic audio storage, Wi-Fi connected devices within your home. Let us assist you in protecting you and your family’s privacy and give you back your peace of mind.
South Dakota Business Bug Sweep Service – Our technicians can identify and locate all types of hidden bugging and monitoring devices whether they are turned on or off. From Executive offices to conference rooms and open bay spaces along with changing rooms and restrooms. Let us help you protect your employees and customers.
South Dakota Telephone and Wiretap Bug Sweep Service – The professionals at Ham Investigations are able to identify phone devices that have been compromised and are being monitored surreptitiously. Whether the phones are standard desktop phones, VoIP or PoE, we can discover if these devices are safe to talk around. In addition, our team can also check Fax/Copiers along with all the connected wiring associated with these devices.
South Dakota GPS Bug Sweep Service – Whether a GPS tracker has been placed on your personal effects, your vehicle, aircraft or watercraft, our technicians can locate these devices and assist you in discovering who placed them.
Common Reasons South Dakota Residents and Businesses are being spied upon
- Being involved in a contentious divorce;
- Being involved in a child custody fight;
- Being involved in a civil lawsuit such as personal injury or workers’ compensation;
- Owning a business and competitors want to learn your trade secrets (and, no, you don’t need to own a million- or billion-dollar business for this to happen to you);
- Owning a business and you have a current or former employee who are being paid to spy on you (corporate espionage) or who want to try to get you into legal trouble;
- Currently or formerly being involved in a relationship with someone who was jealous, possessive, or abusive.
Evidence of Possible Bug Installations in your Home or Office
- Unexpected dust or ceiling debris on the floor, a desk, or the surface of other furniture;
- New decorative items in the room you know you didn’t put in the room, such as a vase or even a new piece of art on the wall;
- Wall plates and outlet covers that were once straight are now crooked;
- You turn out the lights and see a small red light;
- You see new scratches on your wall, ceiling, or furniture
- Someone always shows up where you’re at although you never told them where you were going.
Who needs an South Dakota Bug Sweep Service?
You do. If you think that someone is or has been spying on you, don’t tell anyone. Try to stick to your normal routine. Ham Investigations utilizes state of the art equipment to locate all types of bugging devices. If you have located a device you suspect is a bug, DO NOT REMOVE IT! Get to a safe location and call Ham Investigations immediately at
DO NOT CALL FROM THE AREA THAT MAY BE BUGGED!
Our Technicians are trained in the proper ways to document and collect these devices in a forensic manner and assist our clients as they interact with law enforcement. Allow Ham Investigations to help you regain your security and peace of mind so you can have more time to enjoy some of the following things that South Dakota has to offer.
Top places everyone should visit in South Dakota:
- Mount Rushmore National Monument – This historical monument is South Dakota’s most prominent tourist attraction. Carved majestically into the side of the mountain are the heads of Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt. The carving, designed by Gutzon, was begun in 1927, halted for several decades, and finally completed in 1991.
- Badlands National Park – The dramatic landscape of Badlands National Park consists of uniquely formed hills and pinnacles made from the erosion of clay and sand. A large herd of bison roams freely within the park, adding a unique element to the whole experience. This inhospitable scenery is strangely beautiful and one of South Dakota’s most visited destinations
- Custer State Park – As one of the best state and national parks in South Dakota, Custer State Park covers a wide range of different terrain. A large herd of bison roams the peaceful landscape, which is also home to a wide variety of other wildlife. And Granite peaks tower over the forests, lakes, and streams.
- Crazy Horse Memorial – The Crazy Horse Memorial, north of Custer, has been a work in progress since it was begun in 1947. The head and upper body portion of revered Lakota leader Crazy Horse have been carved into this mountain, like the Mount Rushmore carvings just down the road.
- Wind Cave National Park – Wind Cave National Park, located just north of Hot Springs, is home to a huge karstic cave system, thought to be among the largest in the world. It was discovered in 1881 by a hunter, who noticed a draft coming from a split in the rock. The cave contains a unique and delicate cave structure known as “boxwork,“ which is found in few other places in the world.
Mr. Thomas Ham, owner of Spy Catchers LLC and Ham Investigations was in News recently for :
Ham Investigations professional technical surveillance countermeasures company, works with people to help track hidden devices, such as surveillance cameras.
Experts, including Mr. Ham, say the camera lenses will reflect a blue or red color when hit with a light.
The typical areas you should search for any hidden cameras include devices like an alarm clock, smoke detector or shower head. To Read More you can visit kdvr.com.
You can also find visit our post regarding How to find hidden cameras and devices with your mobile phone.
Ham Investigations Provides Services like Bug Sweeps for Hidden Cameras nationwide including but not limited to :
- Kentucky Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Louisiana Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Maine Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Vermont Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Virginia Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Wisconsin Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices and nationwide. You can find the bug sweeps service coverage are by visiting our Bug Sweeps Coverage Page.
CALL TODAY FOR A South Dakota BUG SWEEP SERVICE IN YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
THE CONSULTATION IS FREE
We Provide South Dakota Bug Sweeps for hidden cameras and hidden devices in the following counties:
South Dakota Counties:
Alexander County also Boone County
Carroll County as well as Christian County
Clinton County also Crawford County
DeWitt County also Edgar County
Fayette County also Fulton County
McDonough County also Menard County
Montgomery County also Ogle County
Piatt County also Pulaski County
Richland County also Sangamon County
Shelby County also St.Clair County
Wabash County also Wayne County
Will County as well as Woodford County
Additional SD Counties:
Brown County as well as Bureau County
Cass County also Clark County
Coles County also Cumberland County
Douglas County also Edwards County
Ford County also Gallatin County
Morgan County also Perry County
Pike County also Putnam County
Rock Island County also Schuyler County
Stark County also Tazewell County
Warren County also White County
Williamson County as well as Vermilion County
Additional SD Counties:
Bond County as well as Calhoun County
Champaign County also Clay County
Cook County also DeKalb County
DuPage County also Effingham County
Franklin County also Greene County
Monroe County also Moultrie County
Peoria County also Pope County
Randolph County also Saline County
Scott County also Stephenson County
Union County also Washington County
Whiteside County as well as Winnebago County