Illinois Bug Sweeps
CALL TODAY FOR AN ILLINOIS BUG SWEEP SERVICE IN YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
THE CONSULTATION IS FREE
Hidden Cameras, Audio Bugs and GPS Devices: How to know what’s Legal in Illinois
Legal Definition: Illinois is a two-party consent state, and the law, 720 Ill. Compiled Stat. Ann. 5/14-1, -2, requires the consent of all parties in a conversation in order to legally record an in-person or telephone conversation. Illinois law states that a person cannot videotape, photograph, film or transmit live video of “another person without that person’s consent in a restroom, tanning bed, tanning salon, locker room, changing room, or hotel bedroom,” or in their residence without their consent. 720 Ill. Compiled Stat. 5/26-4.
Why you May Need the Illinois Bug Sweep Service?
If you live in the state of Illinois and are suspicious of hidden cameras. Especially for hidden cameras that also record or transmit audio. Also, if the hidden camera is placed in a location where the individual has a reasonable expectation of privacy such as a bedroom or a bathroom or record conversations that the installer of the device or not party to.
As regards the use of GPS trackers, trespassing to place a GPS device on a vehicle or placing a GPS device on a vehicle when they are not the rightful owner of the vehicle, may constitute a violation of the law. Ham Investigations offers our customers the following types of Bug Sweeps:
Illinois Residential Bug Sweep Service – We locate all types of hidden cameras, listening devices, electronic transmitters, electronic audio storage, Wi-Fi connected devices within your home. Let us assist you in protecting you and your family’s privacy and give you back your peace of mind.
Illinois Business Bug Sweep Service – Our technicians can identify and locate all types of hidden bugging and monitoring devices whether they are turned on or off. From Executive offices to conference rooms and open bay spaces along with changing rooms and restrooms. Let us help you protect your employees and customers.
Illinois Telephone and Wiretap Bug Sweep Service – The professionals at Ham Investigations are able to identify phone devices that have been compromised and are being monitored surreptitiously. Whether the phones are standard desktop phones, VoIP or PoE, we can discover if these devices are safe to talk around. In addition, our team can also check Fax/Copiers along with all the connected wiring associated with these devices.
Illinois GPS Bug Sweep Service – Whether a GPS tracker has been placed on your personal effects, your vehicle, aircraft or watercraft, our technicians can locate these devices and assist you in discovering who placed them.
Common Reasons Illinois Residents and Businesses are being spied upon
- Being involved in a contentious divorce;
- Being involved in a child custody fight;
- Being involved in a civil lawsuit such as personal injury or workers’ compensation;
- Owning a business and competitors want to learn your trade secrets (and, no, you don’t need to own a million- or billion-dollar business for this to happen to you);
- Owning a business and you have a current or former employee who are being paid to spy on you (corporate espionage) or who want to try to get you into legal trouble;
- Currently or formerly being involved in a relationship with someone who was jealous, possessive, or abusive.
Evidence of Possible Bug Installations in your Home or Office
- Unexpected dust or ceiling debris on the floor, a desk, or the surface of other furniture;
- New decorative items in the room you know you didn’t put in the room, such as a vase or even a new piece of art on the wall;
- Wall plates and outlet covers that were once straight are now crooked;
- You turn out the lights and see a small red light;
- You see new scratches on your wall, ceiling, or furniture
- Someone always shows up where you’re at although you never told them where you were going.
Who needs an Illinois Bug Sweep Service?
You do. If you think that someone is or has been spying on you, don’t tell anyone. Try to stick to your normal routine. Ham Investigations utilizes state of the art equipment to locate all types of bugging devices. If you have located a device you suspect is a bug, DO NOT REMOVE IT! Get to a safe location and call Ham Investigations immediately at
DO NOT CALL FROM THE AREA THAT MAY BE BUGGED!
Our Technicians are trained in the proper ways to document and collect these devices in a forensic manner and assist our clients as they interact with law enforcement. Allow Ham Investigations to help you regain your security and peace of mind so you can have more time to enjoy some of the following things that Illinois has to offer.
Top places everyone should visit in Illinois:
- Willis Tower Skydeck – From the top of the Willis Tower Skydeck, tourists can see up to 50 miles over four states and Lake Michigan. The Skydeck stands at 1,353 feet above the ground on the 103rd floor, and The Ledge’s glass floor extends from the side of the building to give braver visitors the opportunity to look straight down.
- Millennium Park & Cloud Gate – Located in downtown Chicago, Millennium Park is part of the much larger Grant Park. Cloud Gate sits at the center of the park, a 110-ton polished steel sculpture. Inspired by liquid mercury, the curved surface reflects the Chicago skyline and the tourists who walk through its arch.
- Magnificent Mile in Chicago – A walk down Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, a portion of Michigan Avenue, is a must for visitors to the windy city. The shopping along here is some of the best in Chicago, with everything from everyday stores to high-end boutiques.
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum –Located in Springfield, the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum offers a great opportunity for learning, not only about Abraham Lincoln, but also about the history of the state of Illinois.The facility was opened in 2004 but the collections have been a work in progress for well over a century. This is largely a research facility, containing many significant manuscripts and other materials, although not all of the collection is on display to the public.
- Navy Pier – Located along Chicago’s waterfront, Navy Pier is a great tourist destination with all kinds of things to help entertain people of any age. Museums, restaurants, shopping, movies, and theater are some of the options available.
Mr. Thomas Ham, owner of Spy Catchers LLC and Ham Investigations LLC was in News recently for :
Ham Investigations professional technical surveillance countermeasures company, works with people to help track hidden devices, such as surveillance cameras.
Experts, including Ham, say the camera lenses will reflect a blue or red color when hit with a light.
The typical areas you should search for any hidden cameras include devices like an alarm clock, smoke detector or shower head. To Read More you can visit kdvr.com.
You can also find visit our post regarding How to find hidden cameras and devices with your mobile phone.
Ham Investigations Provides Services like Bug Sweeps for Hidden Cameras nationwide including but not limited to :
- Kansas Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Kentucky Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Louisiana Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Maine Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Maryland Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices
- Massachusetts Bug Sweeps for Hidden Devices and nationwide. You can find the bug sweeps service coverage are by visiting our Bug Sweeps Coverage Page.
CALL TODAY FOR AN Illinois BUG SWEEP SERVICE IN YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
THE CONSULTATION IS FREE
We Provide Illinois Bug Sweeps for hidden cameras and hidden devices in the following counties:
Alexander County also Boone County
Carroll County as well as Christian County
Clinton County also Crawford County
DeWitt County also Edgar County
Fayette County also Fulton County
McDonough County also Menard County
Montgomery County also Ogle County
Piatt County also Pulaski County
Richland County also Sangamon County
Shelby County also St.Clair County
Wabash County also Wayne County
Will County as well as Woodford County
Additional IL Counties:
Brown County as well as Bureau County
Cass County also Clark County
Coles County also Cumberland County
Douglas County also Edwards County
Ford County also Gallatin County
Morgan County also Perry County
Pike County also Putnam County
Rock Island County also Schuyler County
Stark County also Tazewell County
Warren County also White County
Williamson County as well as Vermilion County
Additional IL Counties:
Bond County as well as Calhoun County
Champaign County also Clay County
Cook County also DeKalb County
DuPage County also Effingham County
Franklin County also Greene County
Monroe County also Moultrie County
Peoria County also Pope County
Randolph County also Saline County
Scott County also Stephenson County
Union County also Washington County
Whiteside County as well as Winnebago County